COMMUNITY EDUCATION and SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE
COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE
Dassel-Cokato Community Education is excited to continue to offer opportunities to our community members. While our year continues to look different than any other we've experienced, we are committed to providing the best experience possible.
- We will continue to follow all requirements set forth by the MN Department of Health and the MN Department of Education.
- Participating students must have a parent/guardian complete the Student Agreement in the registration process prior to the start of any program.
- We invite you to stay up-to-date with all that we are offering by following us on Facebook at Dassel-Cokato Community Education and our website at www.isd466.org/domain22.
CHARGER KIDS CLUB
- Charger Kids Club will continue offering school-age childcare before and after school for grades PreK-5 students. Preschool students must be age 4 and currently enrolled in DC's Play and Learn Preschool program.
- Morning hours are 6:00am-8:00am
- Afternoon hours are 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Charger Kids Club maintains pods of 15 staff and students, promotes a safe program environment that follows social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible, good hygiene, and cleaning standards in accordance with CDC and MDH guidelines.
- Charger Kids Club adheres processes and protocols as set forth by Dassel-Cokato Schools.
HYBRID and DISTANCE LEARNING:
- Executive Over 20-82 requires school-age care for eligible children of Tier 1 workers during regular school instruction hours. Applicable fees apply to time spent in care outside of regular instruction hours.
- School-age care for children of Tier 1 workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home due to employment as a Tier 1 worker. Free child care is to be made available when the only parent or both parents in the household are employed as Tier 1 workers.
- Tier 1 critical workers are defined in Appendix A.
- Families who qualify for childcare or free childcare during HYBRID and DISTANCE LEARNING will be required to provide Tier 1 employment verification prior to transitioning into these learning models.
- Transportation will be made available for students participating in school-age care for children of critical workers, in accordance with our local student transportation requirements, as it was this past spring, March-May 2020.