Teaching and Learning / Student Support
Student Support/ Teaching and Learning
- Teachers will focus on building relationships, identifying learning gaps from last spring and summer, and helping students feel supported and connected to their classmates and school.
- To the greatest extent possible, instruction will look and feel like it did prior to COVID-19.
- Classrooms have been arranged to allow for as much social distancing as is feasible.
- Alternative spaces may be utilized for some classes. For example, the Performing Arts Center may be used for choir classes to allow more social distancing while singing. Gym classes are being encouraged to utilize the outdoors as much as possible.
- Field trips have been suspended until further notice.
- Activities that bring large groups of people together will be discontinued or reconfigured to consist of smaller groups who are able to maintain proper social distancing.
- Nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups/organizations have been restricted.
- Social workers will work with staff to provide education and awareness of signs students may display who need social, emotional, and/or mental health support.
- Families are encouraged to reach out to school social workers with any concerns about their children.
- All staff will prioritize and help students adjust to being in school.