DCHS Boys Track Team 2021 Wright County Conference Champions!!Coach Nate Youngs - On an incredibly windy, hot sunny day the Boys won the meet in a 7-hour rollercoaster ride over our closest opponent Annandale. The wind was not our friend, affecting our times but everyone else had to run into it too so today was about placing not times. The score was very close the entire meet with us being ahead by only 3 with the last event, triple jump, remaining. They had 2 boys in the finals and we had one. On his last jump, Eli Gillman had his best jump of the day by 3 feet to break the school record and win the event. That gave us 10 points and the Annandale boys took 7th and 8th securing the 10 point victory.Records:
We had 4 all-conference athletes, in order to be All-Conference in track you need to win an event:Top Performances:
- Eli Gillman broke the WCC West 100 record, the 4 x 100 broke the all time WCC and school record
- Eli Gillman broke the school triple jump record. Joel Selseth missed the 200 conference record by .05 of a second.
- 100H: Collin Asplin: All Conference: Champion
- 100: Eli Gillman: All Conference: Champion, Joel Selseth 2nd
- 4 x 2: Monte Gillman, Ben Smock, Cristian Miller, Kyle Aho 2nd
- 1600: Haydn Veith 2nd Soren Bortnem 3rd
- 4 x 1: Monte G, Eli G, Colin A, Joel S: All Conference; Champions
- 400: Cristian miller 6th
- 300 Hurdles: Collin Asplin 2nd, Erik Asplin 4th
- 200: Joel Selseth: All Conference: Champion, Monte Gillman 3rd
- 3200: Haydn Veith 2nd, Soren Bortnem 4th
- Long Jump: Collin A 3rd, Eli G 4th
- Shot: Gaige Webb 7th
- Disc: James Gedde 3rd, Gaige W 7th
- High Jump: Ethan Stertz 7th, Ben Smock 8th
- Pole Vault: Kyle Aho 4th, Monte G 7th
- Triple Jump: Eli Gillman All Conference, Champion
conrgratulations dc drumline on your state championship!
D-C Eligibility Requirements
Due to COVID-19, eligibility cards will not be given out. Coaches will be given rosters with registered and eligible students instead.
Participants must register and have completed all of the forms online. Paper registration packets will not be accepted, however, sports physicals may be submitted via paper copy. Sports physical forms are available on the table station just-outside the High School Activities Office. An eligibility card should be picked up in the High School Activities Office after completing online registration. Participants must present an eligibility card to his/her coach/advisor before beginning practice.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
Participants must be receiving passing grades in all classes. Participants must attend all classes during the school day to be eligible to practice and/or participate in a scheduled contest on that same day.
Lock Rental for Athletic Lockers
Locks are available for grades 9-12 through the Activities Office, and can be rented for a $25.00 refundable fee. Student lock fees will roll-over each year, until the student graduates, or the student leaves the district. Requests for lock refunds prior to graduation must come from a parent or guardian. STUDENTS MAY NOT USE PERSONAL LOCKS. For additional questions regarding lock rental, please contact the Activities Office, at 320-286-4100 X1811 or X1813
7th and 8th grade: $60/ Activity
9th-12th grade: $80/ Activity
*Activity Fees must be paid prior to the start of practice.
*No Student will be disallowed participation due to financial hardship.
Please contact the Activities Office to make payment arrangements or
discuss other options.