Welcome to Dassel-Cokato Early Childhood and Preschool!
The first 5 years of a child’s life are the most important for their development.
Dassel-Cokato Early Childhood is here to help guide parents/caregivers of young children during these critical years by supporting families and giving children opportunities to discover and learn along with their parents/caregivers.
• PLAY AND LEARN PRESCHOOL offers preschool opportunities for children ages 3-5.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION offers a variety of classes where parent and child (ages birth-5) will grow and learn together.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING is a quick and simple check on how children ages 3-5 are developing. Screening is best done close to 3, but is required before kindergarten.
• INDIVIDUALIZED PARENT EDUCATION gives parents/caregivers an opportunity to visit with a parent educator about any parenting questions that you may have.
• KINSHIP CAREGIVERS GROUP brings together grandparents and other relatives who are raising their grandchildren, nieces or nephews.
Have you had a baby, adopted a child, or recently moved to the community?
It is important for us to maintain accurate and up-to-date census information to better serve the residents of our Dassel-Cokato community. Please take a moment to complete the online Dassel-Cokato Census
Information Form, https://bit.ly/DCcensus, for all children ages Birth-6 living in your home. This will ensure that you will receive timely school information and aid in proper planning for your school district.• You will be notified of Early Childhood Screening
• You will be provided with preschool and kindergarten enrollment information.
• The elementary school will be anticipating your child when it is time for kindergarten.
• The district will have accurate information for planning and projections of growth at D-C Schools.
• Our school district will receive proper funding from the state government for early childhood programs, such as Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and Play and Learn Preschool.