Welcome to Dassel-Cokato Early Childhood!
Community Education is making it easier for you to discover opportunities:
- Discover and register for Community Education programs
- Connect to the school building webpages
- View the lunch menu or check out activities
- Have a direct connection to everything on the website through a mobile app
- Access Parent Portal and much, much more
We will not be printing brochures but instead bringing you SO MUCH MORE!
This "Pocket Brochure" will be launching mid-May in both Google Play and the App Store - Apple.Community Education has navigated the challenges of the past year by marketing our programs online and this mobile app will help us continue providing the communities with the most up-to-date programming. COVID has taught us all how quickly changes happen and in the amount of time it takes to prepare, print, and mail a brochure multiple updates could have occurred. We'll also be able to connect families directly to the school district website, and provide them will multiple quick and helpful links such as school building maps, calendars, notifications, and many more.Have a question? CLICK HERE to ask a question.
The first 5 years of a child’s life are the most important for their development.
Dassel-Cokato Early Childhood is here to help guide parents/caregivers of young children during these critical years by supporting families and giving children opportunities to discover and learn along with their parents/caregivers.
• PLAY AND LEARN PRESCHOOL offers preschool opportunities for children ages 3-5.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION offers a variety of classes where parent and child (ages birth-5) will grow and learn together.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING is a quick and simple check on how children ages 3-5 are developing. Screening is best done close to 3, but is required before kindergarten.
• INDIVIDUALIZED PARENT EDUCATION gives parents/caregivers an opportunity to visit with a parent educator about any parenting questions that you may have.
• KINSHIP CAREGIVERS GROUP brings together grandparents and other relatives who are raising their grandchildren, nieces or nephews.
Have you had a baby, adopted a child, or recently moved to the community?
It is important for us to maintain accurate and up-to-date census information to better serve the residents of our Dassel-Cokato community. Please take a moment to complete the online Dassel-Cokato Census
Information Form, https://bit.ly/DCcensus, for all children ages Birth-6 living in your home. This will ensure that you will receive timely school information and aid in proper planning for your school district.• You will be notified of Early Childhood Screening
• You will be provided with preschool and kindergarten enrollment information.
• The elementary school will be anticipating your child when it is time for kindergarten.
• The district will have accurate information for planning and projections of growth at D-C Schools.
• Our school district will receive proper funding from the state government for early childhood programs, such as Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and Play and Learn Preschool.